The mission of Community Bible Study is to make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in our
communities through caring, in-depth Bible study, available to all.
Want to join the York study of 1 & 2 Corinthians?
Download and complete the registrations forms or email our coordinator, Kathi at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you would like additional information on registration for the
Women's Day class. Registration for women is ongoing, but our children's
ministry classes fill quickly.
Adult Registration Form (pdf)
Children's Ministry Registration Form (pdf)
Completed registration forms, with checks payable to "Community Bible Study" should be mailed to Kathi Strangfeld 101 Hearthstone Ct, Dillsburg, PA 17019
Questions? Email email@example.com for more information.
CBS class year information:
- Class meets Wednesdays beginning Sept. 16, 2015 with breaks for Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Women and Children Ministry starts promptly at 9:15AM and concludes 11:15AM
- Class is held at Church of the Open Door, 8 Carlisle Ct, York PA 17408 (COD graciously hosts CBS within their facilities, however, they are not affiliated with the class)
- The York PA class offers classes for women, babies, preschoolers and home-schooled students grades K-12
develops disciples through…
- Bible Study: Members will complete weekly lessons on their own time and are challenged to be in God’s Word daily, on their own without the help of outside resources. The goal of CBS is to allow God’s word to speak directly to the heart of each member.
- Worship: Each class meeting will begin with a time of worship and a time to share in testimonies as to God’s work within the class and ministry. It is essential that all arrive in time for worship so that each member’s heart is prepared to discuss His Word.
- Encouragement: Each week members will gather in small groups to discuss the weekly lesson which will be facilitated by a CBS leader. It is the hope of CBS to cultivate an atmosphere in which members feel comfortable to share, cared for by one another so they maybe confident in His Word.
- Application: A Teaching Time is offered each week following small group time and is attended by all members. This is a time to clarify the scriptures and that challenges members to apply all that they have learned. Also provided is a brief commentary to read that continues to give clarity.
- Serving: It takes the entire community to run this ministry! In addition to leaders, all members (unless physically unable) will have the opportunity to be a helper within the Children’s Ministry several times each year. Additional voluntary help is needed for AV,worship, logistics and childcare.
- Giving: In addition to the registration fee all members are given the chance to provide financially to the class through weekly offering envelopes. The local class is run by volunteer leaders,however all administrative costs at the local and national level are met through the generous giving of members.
The Vision of CBS is to see transformed livesthrough the Word of God!
To map your route or email the class coordinator go to Get Connected