The Children's Ministry of Community Bible Study shares God's love through structured programs designed for infants through teens. Specific age groups available in this CBS class are listed above.
We teach God’s love through all aspects of the Children’s Ministry, emphasizing to each child that:
- God loves him
- God made him
- God helps him, heals him and meets his needs
- God is always with him
- God gave us the Bible as God’s Word
- God wants him to belong to His family as he responds to Him in Jesus Christ.
The curriculum for younger age children consists of the study of Bible characters from the Old Testament, study of Jesus from the New Testament, followed by the study of a missionary. Each lesson consists of a Bible story, Bible Memory Verse, action rhymes, songs, fingerplays and a craft.
Students in elementary grades through high school engage in the same study as the adults with lessons designed especially for their age group. The study consists of age appropriate home study questions to answer, core group participation, a summary and application of the lesson (Wrap-Up), along with special projects and activities.
The goals of the Community Bible Study Children’s Ministry are:
- To offer children a warm, caring environment filled with the love of Jesus.
- To help each child grow and develop physically, emotionally, mentally, socially and spiritually, just as Jesus “grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men.” (Luke 2:52)
- To encourage and assist parents in the “training and instruction of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:4)